Monday, May 21, 2012

Hey Shabs!

I'm so exited that you posted twice, I love blogging with you!  And I'm crazy excited to see you-- both this weekend and at the lake, I can't wait!!

We don't do a lot of swimming at the cabin actually, the lake is kind of icky on the bottom so it's much more of a water sports and relaxation kind of vacation than it is spending lots of time splashing around by the dock.  We do lots of jet-skiing, water skiing, tubing, kayaking, boat rides, fishing, etc... so definitely, definitely, definitely bring sunscreen and a hat for Emma!  I like to sit around and read a lot, so nice, and I always go running in the morning, but I like walks a lot too should you be interested!  They've been going to the cabin since Seth was like 2 and Trista was just born though, so they've had lots of babies up there and I'm sure it'll be fun for them!  I know it will be fun for me :)  I show Marilyn pictures of Emma all the time, I know she's going to love her!  I don't really think the in-law thing is that weird actually... around here in-laws become an extension of your family.  Like Seth's grandparents on both sides knew each other really well and Seth's Aunt Becky's mom is one of his Grandma's best friends.  And I could keep going about Seth's Uncle Lee's parents and his Aunt Susan's parents and his Uncle Danny's family, but I think you get the point.  I think Bob and Marilyn were THRILLED when they met mom and dad and you guys because Zach's family is very different from them in a bad way... like Bob and Marilyn are much more reserved than mom and dad, but Bob and Marilyn are MUCH more sober than Zach's parents, if you know what I mean.  So, yeah, my point is the in-law thing is totally not weird and Seth and I will be there with you so it's not like it's just you guys and Bob and Marilyn.  Also--- I think Trista is going to be there the whole week, so we'll have half an MD on-site and one whole PhD, so between the two of us we should make almost a pediatrician, right?  I think Emma will be nice and safe :)

I totally hear you about the dress shopping... horrible!!  Usually I love dresses, but this time was just no good.  I'm thinking that I'll wear the Ann Taylor dress I wore to Beth's wedding last summer.  My tummy doesn't look great in it, but hopefully it'll be ok.  I'll bring a black back up just in case.  That's actually the only size 8 dress I think I have, but if you like it you can totally keep it for a while-- I'll just leave it there.  But you can't have it for the baptism unless I decide I don't want to wear it :)  I wish I had more to offer you, but size 8 is not a place a venture into particularly frequently.  I'm trying though!  Maybe I'll just work on being comfortable in the 10s for now though!

I totally get what you mean about you and Stu, I think that's really common and it's hard to to project your feelings onto someone else in your own mind.  I'm sorry you're having such a tough time, Ab... are you still seeing Sue?  Do you think it might help to go up a few mg on the zoloft?  You could talk to that psychiatrist about that, I bet.  We are definitely our own harshest critics, but you trust me, right?  And I know that you are seriously one of the most awesome people on this planet, it's true!  I can't even imagine my life without my fisky little sister and someone like that must be completely awesome to be so indispensable!  Also, even now I'm jealous of you-- how cute and tiny and pretty you are!!  So it's not just about your brains, ok?  I think you are a fine physical specimen and I've always, for literally my entire life, even when you were a size 00 long with no boobs and kind of coming in curly hair or 9 months pregnant, wished that I looked more like you!  You know that's true!!

So anyway, I just talked to you on the phone for a while and it was awesome.  My boss came in this morning and asked me to stay late (ugggghhhhhh) so I was quite pleased for you to break up my afternoon a little bit!

Ok, I love you bunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment