Hey Shabs,
How's it going today? In your text it sounded like you and little Emma were having a lovely day-- sounds nice to me! I can't wait until I get to share a day with you guys!!
Today has been a complete 180 from yesterday, which is a good thing. Yesterday was tough and my body had just about had it so it sent me a rather loud and clear message last night. I went running in the evening and OMG... again with the bathroom issues! And it was BAD! I had a really bad stomach ache all the way until I fell asleep. Yowza. Stupid running and sensitive stomach. You'd think I was taking laxatives or something! Good grief. But that's over and I feel considerably calmer today. I've eaten well so far and the candy dish seems to have taken the day off from calling my name. Also, I bought a bunch of asparagus from a women in the genetics core lab who has Amish neighbors and brings it in to sell for them. It's a beautiful looking bunch!! I'm thrilled and it made me remember that the Farmer's market probably starts soon-- I'll have to see if it's going to be there on Saturday because I'd love to go!
In other news, I have decided that I officially do not like my boss. At all. I have tried and tried to see the good in her, but I just can't. Even as upset as Ann always made me, I always knew somewhere that her crazy wasn't intentional and that for the most part, she wanted what was best for me. That's no longer the case with this crazy boss. We had a staff meeting today and listening to her self-centered, egotistical, non-sensical rambling was almost more than I could take. I left feeling very angry and annoyed. And I'm not the only one. She wastes so much of my time on a daily basis and I'm quite capable of wasting time all on my own, thank you very much! Ugh, anyway, I think the thing that concerns me the most is that I don't want to turn into mom, going home and complaining about my boss everyday. Hopefully I don't do that, I definitely make a conscious effort not to complain to Seth too much. Hopefully I'm not complaining to you too much either! At least I really, really like my job... that is definitely still true and that makes coming into work every day worth it. The authors I work with are the most part really great and I'm still learning a ton and excited about the things I'm working on. It could definitely be worse! Ok, end rant, I'm done with that.
I finished up my last granola bar from my toffee chip and pecan batch this afternoon-- mmmm mmmmmm! So good! I've been added shredded unsweetened coconut to them all and it's really adding a delicious extra, I think. So this afternoon I had an ingenious brainstorm: for my next batch, I want to make cocoa almond, but not with chocolate chips, with cocoa powder mixed in, how awesome does that sound? Good, right?
Ok, I have to go to a seminar now! Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment