Hey Ab,
Happy Monday to you once again! For me, I'm planning this Monday to be a fresh start. I had a somewhat rough weekend and the urge to eat, eat, eat was pretty out of control, but I feel a bit more settled in this moment and I am hoping that can last.
I had some delicious oatmeal for breakfast. I've taken to nuking it (much faster than the stove and the microwave can just do it's thing while I'm blow drying my hair) and then adding unsweetened applesauce, flaxseed meal, walnuts, cinnamon, and vanilla. Completely delish! And completely filling as well. Case in point: last night I wanted cookies and I wanted them IMMEDIATELY so I made them and they weren't quite cool enough to pack up before I went to bed so they were all out on the counter. Just sitting there, staring at me, like delicious little jerks. My normal behavior in such a situation would have been to engage in a mini cookie binge before breakfast and then to continue to binge throughout the day because why bother? I'd already screwed up! But I did not. I fixed up my oatmeal and put two of those cookies in a container for a little treat after lunch. Yes, those cookies are full of refined sugar and all that, but I think giving in every once in a while is probably ok. Otherwise I go crazy and I know it-- bad effects on my body, bad effects on my body, bad effects on my body, need to work out!!! Know what I mean?
So yeah, this weekend was tough, like I said. But it's a new day and I'm starting over. On the plus side, this weekend I did some great running. I've decided to sign up for the Cheese Chase (seriously) 10K on June 1st... it's been a while since I've done a road race and I'm looking forward to it. It'll be good training motivation too. I think I've been doing about 3.5 to 4ish miles lately, so I just need a couple more miles under my belt to be really ready. I can manage that in time, I'm sure. I better anywhere. I'm feeling a little chunky today. I'm wearing an outfit that fit me great last spring/summer and now it's a bit tight, basically everywhere, so I'm not feeling real cool about that. Dang. I'm definitely a little disappointed in myself right now.
Anyway, I'm really missing you a lot. It was nice that Kayla and Marilyn invited me to come clothes shopping for Kayla today, but it was just not the same as being with you and I really missed you. I can't wait for Memorial Day!!!
I love you, Shabs!!
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment