Hey Fisky Face!
I actually had a decent day yesterday and I'm feeling pretty good today. While on the one hand I am glad to be feeling better than I did on Monday, it is still somewhat disturbing that my emotions seem so unstable. Perhaps it was just a bad combination of change in Zoloft dose, start of my period, and end of my trip to see my favorite person and her super cute baby... does sound like the perfect storm, doesn't it?
So yesterday, I definitely had a bit of a chocolate binge going, but for the most part I ate well. I must say I am absolutely in LOVE with the pizza you made for me. I swear it gets better every day! I brought it for lunch again today and I'm sad that I only have one more lunch of it left. Bummer. It's just so delicious!!! I am definitely buying that mix next time I want some pizza... it's significantly better even than the GF pizza they sell at Cottage Inn or Papa John's. You're my hero!
I went grocery shopping last night and spent a whole lot of money, but got a whole lot of good stuff... there were some really good sales and I stocked up on some things. We had tuna noodle casserole last night and we plan to have that for leftovers again tonight. I read on Pinterest about making a creamy sauce by just cooking the noodles in milk-- brilliant! I used lactose free milk, of course, and then simmered the gluten free noodles in it, added some cheese, tuna, and peas and popped it in the oven for about 20 minutes. It turned out really well! We really liked it. Not the healthiest with all that cheese, of course, but not terrible... and terribly delicious :) We're also having tacos this week, which is my favorite. Last time I made them I used some homemade, salt-free taco seasoning that was SO good so I'm going to use that again. Seriously it was way better than the packaged stuff, I'm in love with it and definitely looking forward to some tacos again. But my biggest culinary feat for this week is going to be Seth's birthday cake. I'm making him a two-layered lemon poppy seed cake with lemon curd filling and cream cheese frosting, all homemade. I'm so excited about it! It's Seth's whole family's favorite and I'm really hoping they like it. I invited Bob and Marilyn to come over on Saturday and Trista and Zach are going to be in town too, so I think they'll be coming. Seth still won't tell me what he wants for his birthday, but I can at the very least make him a fancy pants dinner and dessert to celebrate with!
I spent so much time cooking, cleaning, and grocery shopping last night that I didn't have time to work out until pretty late. I went on the elliptical for 40 minutes on the hill setting. Holy cow did I ever work up a sweat! Usually I watch tv while I'm down there, but I read my book instead and I think that's pretty good at getting me to work hard because the time seems to go by faster and I don't pay attention to how fast I'm going or how high the resistance/incline is. It was a good work out, I think. Since we're having leftovers for dinner I'm going to work out before dinner tonight, which is generally better for my tummy anyway. My plan is to do the 30-20-10 jog-run-sprint workout I was telling you about and then maybe some pilates if I'm feeling up to it when I get home. It's kind of chilly here this week, which is actually better for running so hopefully I can get some good ones in.
In other news, today was the second day in a row that getting out of bed wasn't completely painful and I left for work right on time and got in a little early. Feels much better than rushing around the house and bringing breakfast to work with me. I do love eating some delicious oatmeal in the morning while watching our crazy busy bird feeder. Seth says we're going to have to leave a trail of bird seed to our new place for the birds and the bunnies to follow. I have a feeling there will be plenty of new ones in the new place. Speaking of our new house, the sellers have until tomorrow to let us know about fixing the issues that came up in the home inspection. I really hope they just agree and we don't have to deal with anymore back-and-forth with their awful realtor. Fingers crossed. We're hoping we hear today and they don't wait until the last minute again, but based on how everything else has gone with this woman I won't be surprised at all if we don't hear until late tomorrow night giving us only a matter of hours to decide what to do. I really can't stand her and her power trippy tactics, it's really frustrating!
Anyway, I suppose I'd better get back to work. For some reason I'm starving already, which is a bad sign considering it's only 10:30! It's probably from writing so much to you about food... oops! I'll have to save that for the afternoon from now on!
I love you, Shabs!!
Love,
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment