Friday, May 18, 2012

Hey Fisky Face!

I was just thinking that one week from today we'll be heading to Green Bay for the evening to get a little closer to you for a drive on Saturday.  I'm so excited!  I tried on my blue/cream/tan/gray dress that I wore to Beth and Brandon's wedding last summer last night and it kind of almost looks a little bit ok.  Almost.  My tummy is a bit bothersome (again, what's my excuse?!  I didn't have a baby!), but I think if I can be healthy and calm for another week it might just be ok.  We'll see.  Like I said, I tried hard to find another one, but really nothing was working out, so hopefully I'll find myself looking a-ok in that one.  Fingers crossed!!  I certainly am having a good day again.  I went for a good run last night and felt fine afterward.  I think some of it may be that I really need to go before dinner whenever possible, which I did last night.  I just went for a gentle jog and ran about 36 minutes, so I felt good about that.  Then I did a little bit of pilates.  Tonight I plan to do my 30-20-10 workout again for speed and then push-ups.  I had to start the push-up program over because I had been so bad about doing it, but I'm working at it again.

I found a "make your own nutella" but healthier recipe today and I'm going to try making that tonight, because... I found a gluten free crepe recipe I want to try and I LOVE nutella-filled crepes.  So I'm going to try that on Saturday morning I think.  Obviously not the healthiest meal in the entire world, but it sounds so good and I haven't had them in forever, so I'm going to treat myself.  Yum!  I hope it all turns out!!  In other news, I've been trying so many different new recipes and stuff lately that my kitchen is kind of filling up with scraps of random paper with different stuff on it and I'm having trouble finding anything so this weekend I'd like to spend a little bit of time updating my recipe binder.  I love that thing, I've just been using so many new recipes that I haven't had it out much.  Time to change that!  I probably need some more of those plastic page sleeves, but besides that it should be a small and easy yet satisfying project.

Any news on how your family photos turned out yet?  I can't wait to see them!

I am SUPER not in the mood to work today.  I got a ton of stuff done yesterday so I'm kind of jumping into something new today, which is always tough when the topic is unfamiliar.  Add to that an absolutely gorgeous day and I really would rather be spending my time outside!  Just a few more hours to freedom :)

By the way, this weekend is my graduation weekend.  I'm not really disappointed about not walking, more so I'm disappointed that I didn't have the opportunity to walk last year.  Hopefully I'll at least get my diploma soon, I certainly wouldn't mind filling that empty frame with real proof of my doctorate.  Oh well.

So I guess I had better return to work... boo!  I have a busy weekend coming up, it would be nice to have this day off to get some things done around the house or something.  Six hours in the car on the way to and from Minnesota does not sound good right now!

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment