Friday, August 3, 2012

I choose you, Shabsky Balu!!!!

So the task for Day 6 of The Beck Diet Solution is to find a diet coach... someone who can keep you motivated, build your self-confidence, help you solve problems, keep you accountable, and help you take a more useful perspective.  Then it suggests enlisting the help of a close friend or family member.  Some of the things it suggests discussing with your coach include, changes in weight, successes and struggles, and high-risk situations for diet failure and strategies for staying on track.  Obviously that person is totally you!  So how about it?  Will you be my coach???

Additionally, in thinking about asking you to help me out I realized that I'm crazy for not using this blog as my "diet journal" so to speak... I've been writing stuff down with pencil and paper, but why not just do it here? (Ok, pencil, really?  Of course not, who uses pencils... I've been writing in pen.) That's the whole point of this thing, after all!  So I'm going to do that now!

Yesterday's task was to eat slowly and mindfully, which is definitely difficult for me because I tend to rush through meals, but I did try.  In answer to the book's prompts:

When I feel like eating quickly, I'm going to... remind myself that there is no rush and that I can be patient with my food and myself.  I have the time to eat and my food isn't going anywhere.

To remind myself to eat slowly, I'm going to... try putting my silveware down more frequently and waiting until one bite is gone to take the next.

Day 5 to-do list:

I read my Advantages Response Card at least twice (check!)
I read other Response Cards as need (check!)
I ate sowly, sitting down and noticing every bite-- most of the time, I picked at the pecans I was using to make dessert while I was preparing it and wasn't seated then.  I also rushed through breakfast a bit because I was running late.
I gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful dieting behaviors-- most of the time.

I was pretty pleased yesterday when I stepped on the scale and was 168.2 because that was down a bit, but this morning I was back up to 170.0.  I've eaten relatively well and I've been exercising every day, but I suppose my weight bouncing around a bit isn't entirely abnormal.  In addition to my advantages response card I have just one other.  It says, "Be patient.  You will get there."  I'm never patient when it comes to weight loss, so that's an important reminder for me.

Well, my phone is about to ring... I've got an 8:00 teleconference, boo!  Hope you have a good day, Shabs! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment