Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Seester!!!

So sorry I’ve been MIA! I had a terrible migraine yesterday that kept me home from work. I didn’t get off the couch until 4pm! Oy it was so bad. Still fighting a little bit of a headache today, but at least I can see straight today. I saw that you had posted yesterday but couldn’t even read it until later because I literally couldn’t read. I was trying to get into the doctor so I could get a referral for physical therapy about my neck and back, but the doctor I wanted to get into I couldn’t until January! And I didn’t want to go to my old doctor because he was terrible. So instead I scheduled an appointment with a chiropractor. I know some people are skeptical, but I am misaligned and they are the people to realign me. Some people say PT is better because they fix the problem and work on building the strength to keep it that way. But I will do that on my own by exercising properly and what not. I also HATE having someone give me an exercise to do and then stand there and watch me. This chiropractor was recommended to me by a fellow Midland Mommy (I am part of a facebook group, Midland Mommies, and people post questions on there all the time about their kids and themselves and people always answer… it’s a great local forum. Probably sounds cheesey though lol). Also, I told Ben (dentist) who I was going to see and he said “he is awesome!” So that’s more than one referral and makes me feel better. They were able to get me in on Friday. I am so excited to hopefully get some relief! I also am getting an hour long massage tonight. And another on Saturday lol. I originally scheduled just the one on Saturday, but after the migraine yesterday I was so desperate for relief that I booked another one for today too. This pain has gone on long enough and I must fix it even if I empty my pocket book doing so!!!

I have been eating pretty well lately. On Saturday I went grocery shopping and stocked up on our smoothie supplies. I got FOUR bunches of bananas. I handed the bag to Stu when I got home and said, “Here you go you big Ape!” hahaha. We hadn’t had smoothie supplies for a couple days and I just didn’t feel the same! I was eating bagels with cream cheese and cereal. They didn’t fill me up and I didn’t feel healthy. I felt so much better Sunday morning after getting my oatmeal, chia seeds, bananas, and strawberries. It is really fascinating that putting good stuff in your body makes you feel good too. We also didn’t have yogurt for a couple days and that made me feel yucky too. I got some more deli turkey and have been eating turkey sandwiches for lunches. I made a batch of granola bars on Sunday too. I know they still have sugar and chocolate chips in them, but much less than any store bought cookie and it satisfies my chocolate cravings. We had tacos too! I made them Sunday night and they were so delicious! I also had leftovers Monday, but I didn’t get to eat until 9pm so it probably was not the healthiest thing to have. mmmm tacooosss. I’m wanting them again now! Next time I am going to try the homemade seasoning mix that you pinned. Also, I looked for your chia seed pudding recipe last night and couldn’t find it in your recipe board. Where is it? I only saw the avocado one.

Friday evening Stu started a conversation with me about household responsibilities. He suggested that we create a list of everything that needs to be done around the house daily, weekly, monthly, and assign a responsible person to that task. (I know right! He is really something). So now we have a list with tasks split up. We’ve kept it up everyday so far! The last thing I want to do after I’ve finally gotten Emma down for the night and I’m super tired is to clean up, BUT Stu will start vacuuming and then I get motivated to pick up because I realize I’m not in this alone. It feels so good to go to sleep and wake up with a clean house. It’s not perfect, but much better than letting stuff pile up. For example, every night we do a “once over” vacuum (just a quick sweep) and then every week will do a “thorough” vacuum (deep clean, get in corners, edge the baseboards). We make sure the counters and tabletops are clear and that dishes are done. Also, weekly I will clean the bathrooms. Hopefully with this stuff done during the week I will have more time to organize the nursery, office, and basement. Those are the big three tasks on my list! So hard to find the time! Especially with Emma getting older, more mobile, and on the floor a lot, we want to make sure our house is not only picked up but clean. I want so badly for my house to not turn into Mom and Dad’s. That sounds mean, but I’m sorry, I can’t help it. Also, Stu parent’s house is beautiful, but there is so much crap piled up everywhere! I just have a vision of what I want and I’m trying to make it happen even though it isn’t easy.

I wish I could type to you while I’m pumping. It’s so boring! I have to go do that now… I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment