Hey Ab,
How's it going? I am so excited to hang with you for an entire week that I can barely stand getting through this one!! It's been a seriously tough week anyway and it's only Wednesday. Sigh! I've just about had it with my boss... she's been difficult to deal with for a while (read: since I've been here) and it's just getting worse. I made an appointment to meet with someone in HR when I get back from vacation to discuss it at the encouragement of my coworkers. Marie has already gone to talk to her a few times about Ingrid, but unless more of us too, it looks like it's just one malcontent employee. So I suppose I'm up next. On Monday, Michele and Kim were gone and she literally spent 2.5 hours in my office complaining about things. How am I supposed to get anything done with that?! Then yesterday I had my monthly one-on-one meeting with her and I spent an hour getting yelled at about this one project that I have worked my butt off on and done everything I could as best I could to get it done. It's kind of a long story, but after my meeting I went to Kim's office to get some of the data form stuff straightened out and Ingrid came in there to start giving me crap again... Kim totally stood up for me then, which was really, really nice of her, although I doubt it really helped. It was just nice to have her on my side. It's just really frustrating and it won't stop. The worst part is the extreme lack of professionalism and constant negative reaction to every possible situation... it gets to be exhausting and makes coming to work hard, which is too bad considering how much I like my job. Which I really, really do, and ironically, despite Ingrid's behavior, I like my job more and more the longer I'm here. I'm definitely in the right position at least. Paula, the HR woman, was super nice on the phone. I asked if she had time to meet on Friday because I'm really busy tomorrow, but she is busy then so I suggested we just meet after the 4th of July and she called me immediately to make sure that was ok and seemed relieved when I said I'd be going on a nice long vacation. On the one hand I'm nervous to make a big deal out of it, but on the other I think it'll be good just to get in on record and Marie said she's really respectful of your wishes and won't call Ingrid in or anything if I ask her not to. So that's good. At least it feels more like I'm being proactive, which is important since it has gotten so bad.
Anyway, the real point of this blog... weight loss and what not. I'm happy to say that yesterday I weighed 166 lbs, which is definitely a step in the right direction. I didn't step on the scale this morning because I got up really late and was rushing around with a headache, but hopefully things are still going the right way. I went on the elliptical for 45 minutes last night and it felt like a really good work out. I was certainly sweating buckets!! I also ate pretty well... not perfect, but well anyway. My stomach has been a complete mess lately. I feel like I constantly have a stomach ache. I got some yogurt this weekend and started eating that again every day, so maybe that will help. I was going to run outside last night, but got to the end of the block and turned around realizing my stomach wasn't going to make it... especially since it was hot. Somewhat disappointing, but thank goodness we have the elliptical in the house so I can still get a good work out in. Hopefully I won't have issues at the cottage because I'd really like to run every day. Usually I'm ok if I go before I've eaten anything, so I'll have to go first thing in the am... it'll be coolest then anyway. I'd really like to be smoking hot in Cabo and at Ellen's wedding... I think 16 lbs or so until I get to that point :)
I went and got a pedicure yesterday and I'm getting a gel manicure and a bikini wax today. I wouldn't have bothered with the mani/pedi for the cottage, but we're going to a wedding on Saturday and it'll make me feel nice for that. Plus, the girl who does my nails is going to the wedding too, so it'll be fun to chat with her tonight and then see her on Saturday. Her dad is really good friends with Seth's Uncle Kenny, who is the brides father... small towns and such :) I'm looking forward to the wedding, actually... I think it'll be a really good time and a great way to kick off a fun week before seeing you guys!! I've decided to wear that blue/grey/cream/beige dress I brought to your house... I tried it on and my tummy seems ok in it, just need to remember not to slouch. Mostly I just love the shoes I have the go with it, so I'm going to go for it. Hopefully I look ok-- that will be right before I start my period, so probably not the best timing in the world, but oh well. If I look pregnant in it, Seth's Aunt LeAnn will definitely start asking around and I'll hear about it, so we'll see ;)
Well, I'd better get back to work... I'm leaving early today for my doctor's appointment (manicure) so I've got to get some stuff done.
Love you!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment