Hey Shabs,
Sorry I was a little *bleh* on the phone this morning-- it sure was nice to hear from you though! I still don't feel so great today. My tummy is unhappy and on the one hand I know I feel bad because I need to eat and on the other I don't want to eat because nothing sounds good with an upset stomach, so it's been kind of a constant battle all day and my headache feels about thisclose to coming back full force. I'm hoping that all the crappy feelings today are just a result of all of the medication I took yesterday and that I'll feel better when I wake up tomorrow. I was really hoping for a good night's sleep last night and a headache free morning today, but perhaps tomorrow.
I did weigh myself yesterday morning and I weighed in at 169 lbs. I really don't understand. To be honest with you, I don't feel all that bad about it. I don't think I look particularly bad and I know that I've been eating well, so I guess I'll just stick it out and hope that eventually some weight loss catches up with me or something. My body just doesn't feel quite right at the moment. Probably just a bad IBS flare up or something. Eventually it'll settle, I'm sure. Just keep swimming and all that.
Sounds like you've got a pretty fun weekend coming up... and that mom and Chris have even more fun headed there way! I would be jealous of their Emma-time, but I know I've got SO much more than they do coming up so I'm not! I can't wait to see you guys and spend all that time with you at the cottage. I think everyone is going to love having you all there!
So it's been a pretty crazy week at work and I can't believe it's only Wednesday... thank goodness we're more than halfway through. It's kind of a long story, but I've had millions of emails and phone calls and issues surrounding this one grant and it's just been crazy frustrating. This morning made me feel good though because that doctor I told you about meeting with is just so happy with what I did for him, which feels good. I got all of the data entered and fixed up his manuscript and then sent him another email requesting more data (he gave me a flash drive that literally does not have a single file on it...) and he wrote back, and I quote, "YOU are amazing!" which is, of course, always nice to hear, but doesn't do much in the way of responding to my: "Unfortunately, there were no files at all on the flash drive you gave me (also routed back to you) so I wasn't able to get any information regarding antibiotic dosing. Do you think you might have it elsewhere?" I'm really hoping that he's getting to that part, because doing a little data entry for 180 patients is one thing, digging through 180 charts to find antibiotic dosing schedules from a single incidence of rhinosinusitis between 2006 and 2008 is quite another! Thank goodness I like what I do!
Anyway, I hope you have a blast in Detroit this weekend-- I'll be thinking about you... thinking so hard that if you tell Laura that Emma's onesie is for her I'll know and the ends of your hair will burst into flames! Maybe.
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment