Monday, June 4, 2012

Hey Ab,

How was your weekend?  Mine was pretty nice, actually... Seth had a really good birthday and that was my goal, so I am pleased.

In terms of weight loss... I weighed 167 lbs this morning, and I guess its basically what I deserve.  I didn't eat terrible this weekend, but I also didn't eat particularly well.  I did get a lot of exercise yesterday, so that felt good.  It was a gorgeous day so Seth and I walked to Fleet Farm after church and I went for a long run after that.  We also did a lot of packing in this basement, which meant a lot of moving and lifting and such, which was good for me.  I realize that my eating hasn't been the best, but I have at least been consistently exercising, so I feel pretty good about that.  We had our first softball game on Friday night with our new team too.  It was a lot of fun and we creamed the other team, but I must say those are some muscles that haven't been worked in a while!  My arms and back were sore from throwing the ball and swinging the bat and the sprinting from base to base definitely worked different muscles in my legs than all of my slow running (jogging, perhaps) seems to do.  It was a good sore though and I'm glad we've got the first game under our belts because now I don't feel so nervous-- I was super nervous on my way there!

I'm pretty sure that every Monday morning I say, "No!  For seriously, this week I am re-committing to weight loss!" and then by Friday afternoon I can't stuff myself with chocolate fast enough, so I guess I had better not try to do that this week.  Instead I think I'll just take it day by day and see how it goes.  It's frustrating to me that actively trying to lose weight seems to have the opposite effect on me and I end up gaining.  I wish I could just be calmer!

Hope you had a good weekend!  You totally made Seth's day with the pictures of Emma-- he pulled them up on the iPad and showed his parents, grandparents, and Trista and Zach when they were over for his birthday, it was pretty cute.  They all love her!  And what's not to love, right???

Love you, Shabs!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment