Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hey Ab!

Sorry work has been so tough for you lately!  Keep your chin up though, you're super good at what you do and you're a great mom!!  Candy dishes really are awful.  Who are this super secretaries with the iron will power who can stand to have chocolate sitting in front of them ALL day and not eat it all up?!  Insane!

By the way... did you get my email about the cottage cost?  Do you want me to send it again?  I did send that right?  Am I going crazy?  Maybe...

Yesterday I had a totally good eating day, I was quite pleased.  I knew we were going out to Culver's for ice cream with Gary and Holly so I was pretty careful all day and then just got a small turtle sundae when we went out.  It was delicious!  I also went running yesterday to earn it.  Boy oh boy was it ever HOT out!  I'm still feeling pretty dehydrated from the run I think.  But eating went well basically all day and today I've packed well for myself once again.  I didn't have time to eat breakfast at home, but I brought some oatmeal with flax and walnuts and applesauce with me and had a big mug of green tea with pomegranate, which was quite delish.  Here's the craziest thing: we had no apples or bananas in the house (I also need to go to the grocery store) so I brought a PEAR to eat for a snack this afternoon.  Do I even like pears?  I don't know... I've always assumed that I don't, but I'm going to give it a try today.  Crazy.  I don't like trying new things, but I have been better about trying some new veggies and stuff lately.  For example, I've got some GF pasta with swiss chard pesto for lunch.  I made the pesto last week and it's amazing!  Swiss chard, who'd have thought?  I froze the leftover pesto in an ice cube tray and then I made some pasta last night and popped a cube on top-- presto pesto!  Lots of veggies in that :)  I've also got a zucchini muffin for a snack which is packed, packed, packed with zucchini, so that should be decently good for me even though it does have some sugar in it.  Trying to eat more fruits and veggies!

I did weigh myself this morning and was a little disappointed at seeing 170 lbs on the scale, but it's better than the 174 at the doctor's office yesterday.  Ugh.  Why did I let that happen?  So much easier to gain than to lose and I really have no good reason for letting myself gain again. I mean, it kind of struck me when I was thinking about it last night... I was down to 158 lbs shortly after our wedding last year, so to be at 174 lbs is a 16 pound gain!  That's too much in less than a year!! I suppose 170 is a little better, just 12 pounds, but still more than I'd like to gain in a year.  Hopefully I can reign myself in here.

My doctor's appointment yesterday was with the nurse prescriber who takes care of my mental health prescriptions.  She took me off the wellbutrin for now and I have to call back in 2 - 3 weeks to make sure that's going ok.  She said that if I didn't have any problems with moving and going to HR about my boss then she didn't forsee any other problems and we're going to give this a shot.  I already cut it in half a few months ago, so this shouldn't be too bad.  I think the zoloft is what makes the big difference, wellbutrin hasn't been working for me for a while now.  Hopefully this will go well and I won't have to worry about that pill anymore.

I had a dream last night about Emma crawling... I looked at those pictures mom posted on Facebook right before bed, so in my dream Emma was crawling around on that colorful block quilt she was laying on in the pictures.  The first picture mom posted of you and Emma was really beautiful :)

Well, I hope you're having a good day at work.  I had a meeting with my boss first thing and am off to another meeting in a few, so not a great start here, but that's ok-- I got offered authorship on another manuscript so that made me quite happy!

I love you, Shabsky!!!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment